Were my goldfish spawning?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Faelrin

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Or attempting to spawn? Two of my goldfish (that I've had for at least 4 years now), were chasing a smaller goldfish that I've only had since last year. They were doing this in the early morning and I only noticed it when I had to get up to go to the bathroom. Cue the next time I had to get up and go again, they were still doing it. It's been several hours now that I've been up and they've stopped, but the smaller goldfish is hiding behind some plants just laying there, almost deathly still. Should I be worried about it possibly dying from all the chasing? Or is it just exhausted and needs time to rest and recover?

Sounds like they are just picking on the small one. Maybe move it as it sounds stressed...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well it unfortunately didn't make it today. Yesterday it just hid and laid there, and earlier this morning when I had got up due to the power going out (it was only out for a few minutes), I noticed it was a little active compared to yesterday, but after I went back to sleep and woke up again, it was dead. Honestly though I wouldn't have been able to remove it because I had nowhere else to put it. It just sucks because this came out of nowhere, spawning behavior or not, as they had always minded their own business and co-existed peacefully before. An additional note, though it might not matter, but it wasn't that much smaller then they were.

Back
Top Bottom