What are these???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Imat

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok. So. Woke up to find these everywhere.
We have had a tank for a month. Most of our fish died due to ich.

We HAD

Oto cats
Neon tetras
Black neon tetras
German Ram

I now have

Oto cats
Neon tetras

They are swimming/floating/crawling/ whatever they do everywhere.
I think the first picture is more eggs??
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409251841.113428.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409251766.027125.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409251781.711540.jpg

I am trying to get a good picture....... But so far this is what i have.

Thoughts!
What do i do!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

No live plants
No snails
No shrimp

We did feed them frozen brine shrimp twice though.

Well nothing would have come from the frozen shrimp so that's out. It's the "crawling" statement that has me thinking of either a copopod of some type of a daphnea but how would they gotten in there if there were no live plants. ?????? At this point, I'm stumpped. My best suggestion would be to make sure you are doing regular water changes, the filter is cleaned regularly and excess food is not staying in the aquarium. If these were oto or neon eggs, they wouldn't crawl when they hatched. They would wiggle but not crawl.
Hopefully someone with more copopodular(made up word ;) ) knowledge will chime in here.
Sorry I'm not more help :(

The thing in the second picture looks like a daphnia. If so, it is completely harmless.

Is the first picture of the eggs, or of the brown sluglike thing?

The eggs. The brown slug like thing is a stupid plastic plant piece i needed to fish out. Sorry. Ha

They are ostracods/ seed shrimp. Like Andy said keep everything clean. Although they are not harmful and most fish will eat them, the population will explode much like snails do when water quality lessens.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom