What do i do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishy5559

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have got a female guppy and she has a really dark gravid spot compared to my other guppy also she is a bit fatter than the other, not sure what to do or when to put her in a breeding net.
HELP!

If she is chubby, she is most likely pregnent. Do you have a tank for fry?

she isnt that chubby, but she is more than the other female, but i have heard that some fish arnt always really fat some are quite smaller.
i kinda have a tank for try i have just a shark in it which is going monday as it is too agressive now, the only thing is it doesnt have a heater in it

ill try get some pictures soon, but can't yet as it just after feeding time so they will look fatter

yea she most likely is preggo. if you suspect preggo, then 9 times out of 10 shes preggo. as far as a a breeder trap, ive heard that they are not recommended bcuz of stress, but i have used a home made breeder that worked just fine. otherwise, just let nature take its course. you surely want a heater for the fry tank theyll like that a lot. what size tank will you be using for the fry tank?

The fry tank is about 25 gallons,
im not sure when she will give birth but she looks squared now
I have used the net with my swordtails and they where fine

I hope she will give birth b4 i go on holiday

oh i was talking about a breeder box but yeah a net should be fine. with my platy, when she squares off i but her in my breeder box and within hours she starts dropping. i think she likes the box better than the other fishes...but y feel you on her droppin while youre gone, that would be a disaster! good luck with the babies though

Back
Top Bottom