What do i feed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harris55g

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was not planning on having babies this soon so. They was just born today. Guppies 8.... What do I feed them. I have frozen food n flakes but I read u need liquid n my pet stores don't carry any.

No you don't need liquid foods for fry.

You can feed them crushed flakes. Just squish the flakes before you feed them. Good luck!

Also Hikari makes a fry food called first bites, works great, as they got older I mixed the combination with the food the adults were getting as a transition.

Over time there will be so many you might not know what to do with them! lol so don't fret!

Also Hikari makes a fry food called first bites, works great, as they got older I mixed the combination with the food the adults were getting as a transition.

Over time there will be so many you might not know what to do with them! lol so don't fret!
+1 on the Hakari First Bites. I started using this, i've really noticed the difference with this food. I used crushed fish crisps before. First bites is like powder, my fry go mad for it. They're 2wks old today and had their first bloodworm's today. One accidentally fell into the fry trap and they went mad for it. So i threw a few more in, gone in seconds!!. Can't do any harm right??

So far all 8 of my fry are doing good and still alive crossing my fingers sund will make them 1 week old. I must be doing ok if they haven't died on me yet right?

So far all 8 of my fry are doing good and still alive crossing my fingers sund will make them 1 week old. I must be doing ok if they haven't died on me yet right?
Are they free swimming in the main tank or have you got them in a breeding trap/net

No they are in thier own tank 29g. Was born in my 55. I wanted them to grow safe and peacefully in the early stages. My 1st time breeding!!

No they are in their own tank 29g. Was born in my 55. I wanted them to grow safe and peacefully in the early stages. My 1st time breeding!!
They are some lucky little fry, a whole 29g just for them!!. Cycled i presume, have you put a sponge sleeve or some tights over the filter pipe. Stops the little fellas getting sucked up if they get too close...

I used one of my panty hose that was worn out. Cut it too fit over filter n took rubber band around to hold it up

No I have this habit of getting them I always wash before wearing then go to look for them and can never find the match to it. So I took one that was just worn out sitting n my draw bc I lost match to it.

No I have this habit of getting them I always wash before wearing then go to look for them and can never find the match to it. So I took one that was just worn out sitting n my draw bc I lost match to it.

You should really use a brand new one, rinse it in old tank water. The detergent used to wash them could cause problems. If i was you i would replace it with a brand new one, just to be sure. Buy the really cheap, no frills(pardon the pun) ones. Only a couple of dollars. I also use one on the end of my siphon tube, just in case the little ones get too close!!!. They have a lot of uses around the tank.

I can't use very many detergents bc my fiancé is allergic to a lot n I hand washed the pantyhose before I put it on the filter. N I have had other fish in this tank when sick and the pantyhose never bothered them. But I did a deep clean to everything including the tank before I put the fry in it

I can't use very many detergents bc my fiancé is allergic to a lot n I hand washed the pantyhose before I put it on the filter. N I have had other fish in this tank when sick and the pantyhose never bothered them. But I did a deep clean to everything including the tank before I put the fry in it

Yeah they should be fine so, i just like to be cautious. No point in losing the fry over a pair of used panty hose..haha. I just checked out your profile, do you still have 3m/3f guppies or has that ratio changed??

Last edited:
Change my lil cuz seen my fish n asked me if she could have 2 of my males. Bc they are pretty lol she is only 5. N bc I'm so nice I gave them to her.

I just got pics posted of the baby tank!! Doing well. Gotten a lil bigger!!! When do I start to see color and tell if boy or girl???

Back
Top Bottom