What do you think for time on female swordtail? Any signs they show?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trustemedia

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys! Wondering what anyone thinks on time for my swordtail. I need help because she looks round at the same time she looks bottomed out and square. I can see them inside her. They are going to be gorgeous so I don't want to miss them! How much bigger can she get?

Also, do swordtails show any signs before giving birth different than other fish that I should look out for? I heard something about swimming up and down the glass - is that true? Or should I just look for her to go to the bottom and start hiding?

Thanks! :thanks:

One day I'll be good at this and won't have to ask anymore...

Attachments

• IMG_2287b.jpg
    IMG_2287b.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_2299b.jpg
    IMG_2299b.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_2300b.jpg
    IMG_2300b.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_2303b.jpg
    IMG_2303b.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 85
Thank you! Will she get real still and go to the bottom. Sorry, but every time I miss it and want to save these babies. They will be so beautiful. I don't want to put her in a breeder too soon.

For a few days she will prolly stay to herself.. even during feeding time. When she gets that box look eparate her and you for sure won miss it. I know how you feel ive had freahwater tanks for a year or two and i always seem to miss it

She looks good to go in my opinion. Tonight or tomorrow night almost certainly. Fingers crossed for you!

Back
Top Bottom