What Do Zebra Danio Eggs Look Like?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
L

ladyisis

I have 2 zebra danios and I first thought they might be sick because of their behavoir so I put them in my hosital tank.

I have had a 10 gallon tank for about 9 months now and I am very pleased with all my fish. I have 2 zebra danios and 3 mollies.

The 2 danios that I am talking about are 1 male and 1 female.
They had never tried to have eggs/frys before so I did not think they
might be having frys.

To tell you the truth, my mollies had frys but I only saw the end result which was the frys. I have never seen what the eggs look like because I think when I put the two of them in a separate tank -- I got eggs!!

I need to know what to do because this is all new to me -- and I want to make sure all these frys live.

Questions I think I should be asking are:

1. Should I take the male and female and put them back into my 10 gallon tank?

2. What should I do to help these eggs become fry and then little fish?

3. I know they require liquid food which I have used for my previous frys.

4. How do I know she has finished laying these eggs?

I could go on and on..... but I think the above questions are a good start.

Help please -- want to save these eggs................

Ladyisis

Thanks for this great site. It has so much information on Zebra Danios. Boy! I don't know that much compared to this site.

Thanks. I am bookmarking this site for sure.

I am sorry to see that they do not have any pictures of the eggs of the Zebra Danios, but I am really glad you referenced this site.

Ladyisis

Zebra Danios

Try this site for a lot of info on zebra danios and a pic of the eggs.

To tell you the truth, my mollies had frys but I only saw the end result which was the frys. I have never seen what the eggs look like because I think when I put the two of them in a separate tank -- I got eggs!!

Mollies are livebearers, they give birth to living fish, not eggs, so it is definitley your zebra danios. The site is great, and should answer most of your questions.. HTH

I have tried the link you gave me but it does not seem like it's clickable.

I hit the "HTH" icon and nothing happened.

Can you copy and paste the web address into this reply and I will copy and paste it myself into my browser.

Ladyisis

Thank you so much for this site. It really has helped me a lot to understand
my zebra danios.

Again, wonderful link.

Ladyisis

Back
Top Bottom