What happened?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jrskater1999

Aquarium Advice Freak
So i know that my sunburst wag platy was pregnant. But i have seen no fry at all and now she doesnt even look pregnant. Could she have aborted her fry or could she have not been pregnant at all? She had a gravid spot and she was very chubby.

Attachments

• image-1442765307.jpg
    image-1442765307.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 86
  • image-1273949029.jpg
    image-1273949029.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 89
My females do the same. I have 4 Females and 2 Males. I've had them for six months now and I have never seen any babies until a water change the other day. I managed to move all the other tank mates out from my ten gallon and just have the babies. I thought there was only one but it turned out there was 8! I found all of them in the gravel or in plants. They usually come out at night to feed . So the chances are she's had them and they are hiding. What other fish have you got in the tank? Have you used any medications recently? Has the fish been moved or chased? I'm just trying to find out weather or not she could of aborted them! :) hope you find some! :)

I moved her to a 2 gal when she looked very pregnant with some decorations and i looked yesterday and there was nothing.

I don't think she could of aborted that late on. :s I'm stuck then have you checked the gravel or substrate ?

Back
Top Bottom