What kind of fish can I breed and sell easily?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lindsey577

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all =) I would really like to start breeding and selling fish, but I'm not sure about what kind I should start with. I need something that doesn't take up a huge amount of space. I also need something that I can actually sell. I don't want to end up with a bunch of fish that I can't get rid of. Aaaannd, if possible I would like to make a little money. I know that's pretty hard to do with fish, but I'd still like to try. But even if I can't make money I still want to breed fish just for a hobby =) So what kind of fish do you all recommend? I'm really getting into fish, but I'm a beginner. So any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks everyone!

Fancy guppy strains
They only require these tanks to start-
2- 2.5 gal trio tanks
4- 5 gal birthing tanks
2- 10 gal growout tanks

Thanks so much for the info! I'll do some research on Guppies =)

I would do a search in your area of what fish are popular, and what fish are hard to find. I did this and found that certain strains of Cory's, Platy's, and Guppy's are almost impossible to locate. If you could figure that out, that might give you an idea of what your market demand is.

On a personal note, my Platy's cannot stop having babies and trust me, you do not have to do anything special to get those little buggers to give birth!

Good luck!

How exactly would I go about doing that? Sorry for all the questions!

Stop in at your LFS and 'stalk' people to see what they buy, what they ask for, and what there aren't many of

Back
Top Bottom