What to do with Emporer fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TXaggie

Aquarium Advice Freak
So my Emporer tetras have apparently decided they like my tank and are reproducing. I count 4 fry 1/2 and larger as of today in the tank. I really had no desire to breed them, so I'm going to take my adults and get some credit at my LFS.

But what do I do with the fry?? They're just eating flake right now. I've done nothing special to encourage breeding or offspring survival. Any idea how long they take to grow? I may see if my LFS will take them but I'm guessing not since they're still under 1". Also, I have no idea how to catch them without removing all the decor and really disturbing the scape. (Live plants and Eco complete substrate)

Any suggestions?

Feed some bbs. The adults will love it, the fry will grow fast, did I mention fast? Sadly to say they likely has 50-100 siblings that did not make it. Just the fact they survived means the tank is functioning as an eco system.--Congrats are in order.

Thanks for the advice! I would love to get the fry to grow fast. But I don't know what bbs stands for...bloodworms?

Back
Top Bottom