Whats a good cichlid for a 40 breeder??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phishfriend

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok so going to get a 40 breeder from petco dollar a gallon sale cus I just can't pass up the price. I think I want to do a breeding pair of cichlids of some kind but not sure which. I love EB jacks but don't I didn't think that's a good tank size for then. I'v breed cribs so I want to do something different but I would like to do something colorful like the electric blue's. any ideas???

How about some shell dwellers or a variation of rams (bolivians/goldens/blues)

Mrc8858 said:
How about some shell dwellers or a variation of rams (bolivians/goldens/blues)

I wouldn't suggest She'll Dwellers merely because they require water parameters like all the other African Cichlids. And on top of that, they aren't all that good in a Cichlid community unless you find other small peaceful Cichlids like Julie's.

I do suggest a pair of Rams or Apistogrammas. Both are extremely colorful and great community fish. 40g is more than enough to create a habitat for them and giving you room for a school of Tetra and Corydoras.

Was thinking of a breed specific tank. I dont think a community tank is what I want for this one. I plan one have a larger(90g) community tank with in the next year.

jetajockey said:
Yes its a male ebjd and a regular female.

Lol I think I'll go for EBJD's if they out grow the tank, I'll just have get them a bigger tank!!!�� Really who needs a couch any way!!��

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom