Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-17-2011, 06:45 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm considering turning my 15 gal tank into a feeder guppy tank. Do I really need the fry net, or could I just leave a big ball of java moss for the guppy to hide?

Old 07-17-2011, 11:59 AM   #22
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via Skype™ to KeeperOfFish
Depends on if you want more or less fry. The Net Breeder is cheap like five dollars.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:07 AM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

how much tank space do each guppy/fry need in order to thrive with fast repopulating
Old 07-19-2011, 03:44 AM   #24
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrance
how much tank space do each guppy/fry need in order to thrive with fast repopulating
I pounded out the guppies for a pirinaha from a 15gal with no problems, just don't put in too many males. It's easier to keep males and females in one tank and put the pregos in the other tank when ready to drop, if only one tank just cut down males keep best ones and have alot of plants, 5 good females will produce more and better fry then 10 low producing females, so watch em to keep the best, using 3 tanks is the best but not needed, my friend who I bred for puts her males all in one tank females in another and fry in one, and drops a male into the female tank, I've seen one male preggo 10 females for about 5 batches with him only in for 2 days it'd funny how potentent they are lol, people talk about a ratio of M/F it seems to be a croc

Edit: having two tanks for the fry is even more numbers but it depends if you need to keep them calmed down to a steady grind

Tags
guppie, guppies

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com