When to raise water level

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scooter2210

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all. I have approx 50 goldfish fry in a 10 gallon tank (only 2 days old). The water level is just under 6". The sponge filters uplift tube is a lot taller than the water. From how I understand them to work I doubt that it would be working at all like this so I have taken off the tube thinking that it would work a bit better.
When can I raise the water level? Surely the filter is more efficient with the tube attached.

why not raise the water level now? I am not sure why you are keeping it low. just make sure you temp match and treat the water - should be fine

I have read from many different places that the water level should be this low as the fry have trouble with water pressure if it's too high. Just not sure for how long to have it like this.

I'm thinking in the wild they probably deal with deeper waters than you have in a 10g. I'd say more water = better quality. So for their health fill 'er up.

Back
Top Bottom