When to sell?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smcoyle87

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I have a brood of Kribs. They are about 3 months old now, the biggest male is just over an inch long, the rest have some catching up to do. My question is, when can I try and sell them to lfs? There are a couple around me that said they would buy them from me. It looks like the parents are getting ready to spawn again soon and i dont have enough tanks to just keep all these fish! lol

When is a good length or age to sell them?

yeah, they can be sold at 1"

generally, for most fish(NOT ALL:)), they can be sold at whatever age as long as they are 1" + because this is the size they are safe to ship at, and healthy enough to be shuffled around/sold/etc.;)

btw, they breed like rabbits;)........so its a good idea to sell to more than one LFS or become a steady supplier for just 1 LFS

lfs- Local Fish Store.

It depends on the store. Some are more than happy to buy back fish. Usually they are small time, mom-and-pop shops. Most chain stores wont buy back fish, let alone even take fish that were not theirs to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom