when will my fishy give birth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MAdfishman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
how is it that my guppys stomach is huge but it still dont give birth :nono: plz help i will try to put a pic on. i dont think she aborted thuoght and her gravid is sttill really black :bawl:

Are you sure she is prego? I'm no expert on guppys, but when I accidently overfed my african cichlids they all had huge stomachs. Cichlids are mouthbrooders tho so obvi I didn't think they were prego.

If its not that, experts will be here soon lol.

how long has she been huge? Is she acting out of sorts at all? If she is healthy, and all is well, then she should drop them within the next few days.

If you are concerned about her being bloated, try feeding smashed sweet peas.

Watch out for dropsy too!

Just be patient, some guppies get to the point where you've convinced their belly is gonna split before they pop.

sorry my cammera is not working so i had to look for something like what it looks like if my fish were to be compared to a other fish this is how she would look except with a way bigger stamach and not a s deformed as the 3 fish thought looks like in the pic soryy i could not get camera to work

Attachments

• dsc5210tg5.jpg
    dsc5210tg5.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 60
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 48
  • images2.jpg
    images2.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 54
They usually stay prego for ~28 days. I have heard this but don't know if it's safe or even works when you drop the temp then raise it they have the fry in like 30 min. If u want to do this it is all up to u. Like i said i don't know if it's safe or works please do not hold me responsible for any mishaps that might happen.

Back
Top Bottom