When will my guppy drop? *please help!*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

prettylatte

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello,

So I'm really hoping that my young female guppy is starting to develop a regular pregnancy cycle; I've had her for about 3 months and it was full of really confusing "pregnancies". So when does it look like my female will drop? This would help so much because I don't have much experience. I believe she's 2 weeks in but you guys would know better than me! I'm really hoping I can finally get some fry! Thanks again!
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396240452.905029.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396240461.709375.jpg

Also, my breeding trap is missing it's divider. I was thinking about letting my female give birth naturally and letting the fry hide in the java moss and other various plants before I can put them in their grow-out tank, what is your experience with that technique?

If she is really two weeks in you are probably looking at about two to four more weeks. If you let it just give birth with the other fish you won't be able to keep many of the fry unless your tank is heavily planted. If you're looking to keep the fry I would recommend a breeder tank.

If she is really two weeks in you are probably looking at about two to four more weeks. If you let it just give birth with the other fish you won't be able to keep many of the fry unless your tank is heavily planted. If you're looking to keep the fry I would recommend a breeder tank.

Okay thanks that helps soo much! Does she look pregnant at all?

It looks like it to me! Just be aware if you want to keep the fry you will have to seperate her from other fish to give birth.

It looks like it to me! Just be aware if you want to keep the fry you will have to seperate her from other fish to give birth.

Okay thanks soo much!! I have an idea how on how to separate the fry, I have the breeding box just not the V trap part but I know how to separate them now! So one last question, does my blonde look pregnant? If so, how pregnant does she look? It's soo hard to tell on her because I've never owned a blonde before so idk what the gravid spot would look like.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396307791.674207.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396307800.273942.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396307809.675673.jpg

I'd say no but it is a female so you will definitely get fry from her down the road!

Back
Top Bottom