Which Fish For Summer Pond Breeding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

itschromesteel

Aquarium Advice Activist
I typically breeding a few species out side in the summer in container ponds. I have a 4ft long 55gal tub left unstocked while it grows some plant cover, algae, and daphnia. It has a river sand base and lots of good hiding places for fry. My water is harder but will soften up with all the rainwater.

I have a list of ideas but I’m curious what other people come up with

For the love of god no guppies

Pond Stocking

I typically breeding a few species out side in the summer in container ponds. I have a 4ft long 55gal tub left unstocked while it grows some plant cover, algae, and daphnia. It has a river sand base and lots of good hiding places for fry. My water is harder but will soften up with all the rainwater.

I have a list of ideas but I’m curious what other people come up with

For the love of god no guppies

Hello its...

Good question. The weather is starting to warm up and the Goldfish feeders and Rosy Red Minnows I put into my back yard tank last fall have grown nicely. I heated the water this year and had a large air stone going too. The water got a little icy on top, but never came close to freezing. I've put in some Water Lettuce and it's doing well. It's a nice supplement to the fishes' diet. I typically net the best fish and bring them in and put them in my indoor tanks. The fish are very colorful.

B

Back
Top Bottom