which one looks like will have babys first?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The red tail Looks closer but you never know the yellow may go first. It depends of the fish and the stress level of the fish

I would put some java moss in the breeder box but you must have it very very loose so that the babies will still be able to fall though( the mom wont be as stressed if there is a little moss in the tank.) You will have a high drop if you make the fish have the lest stress. I believe it is best to heavily plant the tank ( fake plants and real ) when the fry are born you just move them . This is just want I do.

If you would like to see a pic of my tank that I breed guppies in just ask.

can i see a picture. and idk which one cause yellow tail is fatter buy red tail is bigger gravid spot

As you can seeing have a lot of plants the red thing is a diy breeder net I made it has around 20 week old fry in it

I don't have a lot of real plants but in the back on the bottom I have java moss this gives the fish something to eat along and it has lil things that fry love to eat

So what I do is when I see fry I just move them to the net you will miss a couple but don't give up. Look over and over for about 3 days and you should have them all

The filter is a hang on back and I have a sponge at the bottom then I used some plastic I had and made a lil water way so that the water in my net changes a lot( I also grow plants in my hob I'm growing basil they suck up all the nitrogens )

I have 4 females and one male in this tanks

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120304_164538.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120304_164538.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 63
  • ForumRunner_20120304_165227.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120304_165227.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 62
i would say that thay both aren't far enugh along in preggoness to put them into a breeders net yet, wait untill they are aquared off (see the link in my signature for pictures)

Back
Top Bottom