Whoa! My panda corys spawned!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

strawtarget

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I wasn't even trying to breed them! I was watching the tank last night and in the densely-planted background I saw a fast darting of something the size of a tadpole. I looked very carefuly and saw that there is a baby panda cory cat back there! Whoa!! I don't know how many there are- perhaps only one but likely more since they can blend in and hide very very well.

There's nothing in the tank that will eat them (just neons, panda corys, and a mystery snail). It's fully stocked, though, and these new additions will push it over the "fully stocked" rule. I don't want to get rid of any of my pandas- should I just watch the water quality carefully and keep all of them?

I wish I could get a picture of the fry, but I can barely even find one when looking carefully. Here's a pic of the tank just after feeding time.

tank071012.png

Congratz

Have a canister filter on that tank? Might want to check it for more babies. I found several baby emeralds in mine.

NoSvOrAx said:
Congratz

Have a canister filter on that tank? Might want to check it for more babies. I found several baby emeralds in mine.

I second that, I've pulled over 20 baby cherry barbs and guppies out of my canister. Actually, some lived in there for well over a month.

Back
Top Bottom