Whoo hoooooo!! what luck!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I have 2 GBRs, and took one to the LFS because i was concerned about her red belly.....

Turns out she is red because she is FEMALE and ready to breed!!! And I have a male!!! I had no idea!!

they are even preparing a rock to lay on!!! I am so excited!!!

I might be a grandfishymommy soon!!

Edit----

To keep them and the eggs safe during breeding, because my hospital tanks ia already occupied, this is what i did:

I took a clear cheap tupperware bowl and had my bf drill holes all over it. I covered the breeding area they have chosen and trapped them in it. probably about a gallon worth of space.

Hope that is a good idea.

Sorry but this is a very bad idea Fishypeanut. It's sure to stress the fish.

If you want to try spawning them, give them a 10g tank of their own. Cichlids can be great parents when they feel a sense of security.

unfortunately the hospital i have set up is already in use and i don't have the funds right now to run out and get another tank set up.

I am good friends with the LFS, I might see if i can have them take in the sick fish and move the breeders into the hospital. Right now, unfortunately it is this or let the other fish eat the eggs.

I think you are going to have to let this batch of eggs go. Moving your sick fish isn't going to help it's health any, and then you have to sterilize the QT tank, and try to get it cycled quickly (easy if you have spare media in your main tank's filter, but tough otherwise).

The good news is you have a pair that will spawn. Let them, and start getting prepared for next time.

whooo hoooo!

i am excited. i did remove the temporary trap for now, and they are back to preparing their area.

I agree, i will let this batch go, and hope that little orangey gets better soon and move them to the hospital when they are ready to spawn again.

i am so excited to have a pair!

Back
Top Bottom