Will angel fish fry survive on there own?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've read they need to stay with the parents for a week or 2 because they feed off the parents.

There was an article, I read years ago, that mentioned this for raising Altum Angels but not for P. scalare. I don't think it's true or, have not experienced it. I've raised over 1million Angels in my career, with most having been artificially, without the parents. With all the breeders today raising them without the parents, is that enough proof that this article you mentioned is inaccurate?

This is the problem with some internet sites and groups. Misinformation is rampant. You need to get your info from people who are actually doing it or have done it successfully. (This is why I choose to go to Mom and Pop pet shops and not the chain stores.) But don't feel bad, I have a book on Angels (Isbn# 0-87826-301-2 if you want to look it up yourself) that shows a picture of a Marbled Veiltailed Angelfish with the caption : " Not too pretty, it is doubtful that the marble variety will ever acheive popularity." WOW!!!! Did this guy miss the mark!! :lol:

(y)

Back
Top Bottom