Would you remove the fry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishman88888

Aquarium Advice Regular
On Tuesday night (almost 3 days ago) the eggs that my convict had laid - hatched..

Anyways, she laid them inside a big coffee mug that's black on the inside... It's really really dark inside and the farther in you go, you honestly cannot see a thing

Carrying on... She hasn't let them out of the coffee mug yet and it's been 3 days now

I just took a peak at the current state of the fry, they all seem to be doing okay, except there seems to be a few unhatched eggs that never developed into fry - these eggs look like they're beginning to deteriorate and look to be starting to grow cotton like fungus growths...

I'm not sure if the mom can see in the dark properly to remove the problemed eggs..

At this point in time, would it be safe to remove the fry and place them in a few breeding boxes? Or I have a 10 gal QT set up and ready if need be - that could work as a little nursery tank

Any recommendations in regards of what to do with the fry?

Leave them and the fish will get rid of them. She can see them, so let nature take its course.

Back
Top Bottom