Yellow/White Male Molly Breeding With Black Female

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Samuel-Bennett

Aquarium Advice Regular
Any idea what colour the fry would come out?

I had 2 black Mollies and they had fry but the male was crazy, wouldn't leave her alone, so I put him in my Mum's tank for a while. I've got some other females now so the ratio is better. I got a yellow and white male the other day and it's poking the black female non stop.

If she had fry from him what colour would they be? or would they just be black?

They'll probably be black and yellow. My wife was eyeing some black and yellow mollies in the store yesterday. They were pretty nice looking, a nice change from the black, white, & dalmation mollies.

Oh cool, black and yellow like the dalmation Mollies are? like spotty. Would any be just yellow and some just black? I hope she does have some nice ones, would be nice.

it really depends on the strains. some are more dominate then others. its possible it might be a mix or just one strain or several. until they drop and color up you really dont know.

Hey im the MollyMaster I'm jealous i want some cool mollies like that, i tried that once but it never worked, i have a dalmation with some yellow around its face idk if that has anything to do with that??

My Molly had fry (lyretail dreamcycle) I have no male so must have bought her prego. How long does it take to see the Lyre tail effect right now they look standard. Again not sure of males pedagry

I agree with mgamer20o0, it depends on the strain. I have never succeeded producing one of many colors. Their main strain tends to blur..... bright yellow and white becomes dull and black becomes grayish.
I've even tried cross breeding with platy. Platy and black destroys the red, platy and white still unsatisfying, platy and yellow turns out quite cute: some turn orange and some half red half yellow. Btw their main color follow the female.
Mollies, platies, and guppies are basically the same, males crazily chase females that just gave birth.

Back
Top Bottom