Aloha from Hawaii

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zebbie

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi everyone,
I noticed that all the threads in this section are a bit old, so I just wanted to see which members from the Hawaiian islands are still active. I recently joined and would love to meet new people interested in the same hobby.

Mahalo

Hi everyone,
I noticed that all the threads in this section are a bit old, so I just wanted to see which members from the Hawaiian islands are still active. I recently joined and would love to meet new people interested in the same hobby.

Mahalo

How'z it zebbie. How long you been in the hobby?

Right on. I live Oahu. Been in the hobby for a while but only got my tank up and running since December. I dig it though!

I finally convinced my hubby to buy me a tank. Been asking for one for awhile, he bought me a ten gallon for Christmas. Because I live in a small ohana, I can't really fit anything bigger. Once we move though I am planning on upgrading. This is my first tank and everything seems to be going well so far. :). This site has definitely helped me out.

I know what you mean, my place is small too so I only got a 30g. We plan on moving late this year or early next year. Once we move then hopefully I can get the 100-150 gallon. My wife wasn't really diggin the whole idea until I started putting fish in now she's cool with it. Funny how that works lol

Ha yeah, I can see that happening!! My husband still rolls his eyes every time I bring home something new. Especially since I told him, after only having my tank for a month, that I want a bigger one. It sucks that this month the Petco here has a 50% sell on their 40 breeder or 55 gallon tanks. I am so tempted to buy just to have it. I won't be able to do anything with it, but it is such a good deal. Oh well, maybe it will happen again at a more convenient time. :)

Do they have live rock there? I was just trying to rearrange mine because I don't like the way it looks. This weekend hopefully ill pull some out and try epoxying some rock together to build it up. I'm learning tho that my 55g doesn't have the width to it like I need.

I usually go to Coral Fish in Waimalu... I went to PETCO a few times but that's rarely. I like coral fish cuz they get inverts and live/base rock there and PETCO no more.

I usually goto coral fish on the weekends just to look lol. I've bought most of my fish from them tho cause of their selection. Got steered the wrong way once tho and had to rehome a fish the same day and bite the 10 dollar loss (do my own research now)

Oh yea I definitely do my own research before heading there. I went there a few months before I got my tank... Looking back at what I was told back then I'm glad I did my own research cuz a lot of the info I got was bogus. But it's still a good place to go because of the selection and its only a few minutes from where I live... Gotta love that

I'm on Oahu too. Petland and Aquascapes are the places I go to most, although I rarely buy from Aquascapes because of their prices... I do try to support them though when I got the cash! Just not a rich guy. ;)

Im so jealous of all of you livig on oahu. Seems like you just have way better fish shops there. We just have petco and a small lfs on the big island, well at least this side of the island. Theres also another lfs thats a little better but its all the way across the island from me so it would take 2+ hrs of driving to reach there and see what they sell.

Would that LFS happen to be stacey's pets? I work at aquascapes and I've heard about that place. Also, for people on Oahu Aquascapes is moving. I am not sure when exactly or where it will be. For more information visit the shop.

Not sure of the name because I've only heard about it but never went. I heard that they have a better selection of plants and fish than the other stores here but the thought of the drive makes me sleepy.

I'm actually originally from Hilo and went to Stacey's a few months ago to buy some shubunkins for my gf's family's pond. Not a massive selection there but they did have elephant noses! Very cool. Don't see those on Oahu.

I should drive over and take a look at what they have too. I really want to get a long fin bristlenose for my tank but no one sells them near me.

By the way is the store just called staceys? I found out the name of the other fish shop in hilo, Dons fish ( which turns out to be the one I heard of). Not too familiar with hilo so ill have to find the address to gps it.

Back
Top Bottom