any alaskans??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pgaks2

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi all from Alaska, looking for fellow aqarium/terrarium fans in alaska.
at the moment i have a 55 gallon with RES, and have a 20 gallon that i am debating a nano reef or a paladarium with poison arrow frogs, and some tropical fish.

sheb

Other side of the States but....

welcometoaa.gif

Well I'm not from Alaska or in the state now but I did live there for 2 years. Kodiak, AK.

Welcome to the site!!!

at the moment i have a 55 gallon with RES, and have a 20 gallon that i am debating a nano reef or a paladarium with poison arrow frogs, and some tropical fish.

sheb

Whats up!!! where in Alaska are you from? I am here in Anchorage

im in anchorage as well, still researching what i can do and want to do with my 20 gal long tank. so much info to take in, figure ill hold off till dividend time, then blow a good chunk my first nano reef.

sheb

im in anchorage as well, still researching what i can do and want to do with my 20 gal long tank. so much info to take in, figure ill hold off till dividend time, then blow a good chunk my first nano reef.

sheb

not bad thinking...alwyas good when the state pays for your hobbies :D
I have a 75 gallon freshwater tank

Hey, I just joined the forum, and I live in Palmer! Did you end up spending some Dividend money to set up your tank?!

Well good to know I'm not the only Alaskan around these forums, even if I am only in Juneau.

I'll chime in a couple months late -- from Wasilla. Is it true that there's only one fish store (Pet Zoo) anywhere in the valley north of Eagle River? I find that amazing!! Where are the best LFSs in Anchorage? Any "mom and pop" type aquarium stores that focus on fish in Southcentral? Those used to be a dime a dozen when I was a child in the Lower 48, but they're tough to find nowadays.

Cheers!

Another Alaskan here!

sheb

Peters Creek here! We just bought a house in December and I am waiting until we get our laminate installed before I get my 30 gallon tank. No need in moving my tank, equipment and fish to get my floor put in.

I'm a newbie here and I just wanted to say hello to everyone!:)

Hi we're new to this site, from Anchorage as well. Just wanted to say hi to Alaskans and other people!

We got a hold of a 29 gallon tank. Got some live rocks from The Reef at the Sears Mall, waiting for the cycle to settle. We are already enjoying our new hobby!

A fewyear late, but I'll chime in. I'm Soldotna, Kenai Peninsula. Have a 55 gallon Fowlr. tANK HAS BEEN RUNNING 6 YEAR BUT i HAVE ONLY HAD IT FOR 2 MONTHS

I wish I could find more reefers in my area. I'm southeast Alaska. I would love to see more support in the areas surround me.

Back
Top Bottom