600 photo notifications in 2 Days!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

intensity68

Aquarium Advice Regular
It appears you guys got hacked! I also cant trun off photo upload notifications by clicking in the link in the email.

Is there a way to turn off this option on the website? if so where?

Thanks

I receive email notification of every photo uploaded to the photo gallery and I can assure you I have not received 600 emails. Is it possible you keep receiving the same one from your email server, perhaps your email client isn't deleting it and keeps sending it through.

I can find no evidence that we were hacked.

Thanks for speedy reply, i think i found out where to turn off the email option. I also set the emails as "junk" status to filter so my inbox stops getting overwhelmed. I didnt post this as a joke and I am not exagerating.

I havent been on this website in ages and this started happening the last couple of days. If it happens again i will email you one of the emails to show you what it says.

they are all dead links when i click on the them and the outo-unsubscribe link doesnt work either but says contact site admin.

yeah, i checked a couple more, they do apear to be same supposed user upload. which as you suggested indicates a problem on my email client. I might ave to ditch the freebie email service! :lol:

I expect its because we are doing a fairly extensive cleanup of the gallery where photos where uploaded and approved in the Members Gallery DO NOT UPLOAD HERE!!! category and we are moving them to the approprate categories. Every move does send a message unless you specify otherwise. If you cant PM me or kevin the full contents of the message including full headers we can not begin to look into it further.

Back
Top Bottom