A few new features

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefrunner69

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, we have added a few new features to the site....All of these features were implemented yesterday and today 4/26 and 4/27. There are three new features, I'm handing out 100 kudos to the first person that can tell me 2 out of the three new features, advisors are disqualified from this competition (cause we already told them).

1. you have made our online status available under out usernames in our posts.
2. links to aquarium alumni uder usernames in posts.
3. links to peoples galleries under usernames in posts.

I hope those are right. I know the first one is.

ok, i have an edit for my previous post. 2. links to aquarium alumni under usernames in posts. people get this secondary title when they have supported aquarium advice by a certain method.

ok, i have it now.
1. view if a user is online/offline, under their usernames in their posts.
2. links to aquarium alumni under usernames in posts. people get this secondary title when they have supported aa.com by a certain method.
3. there is a place in peoples profiles to describe their tanks.

thats my final answer.

Well, technically your still missing one. You have been given 100 kudos though. The online/offline status has been around for quite some time, but it was neglected on two of the styles, BlackSoul and phpVB2, I realized that this weekend and added it, but it was not one of the three I was referring too. The Alumni link has been around for about 3weeks to a month, and only people that have made a monetary donation to the site get the link (they also get a few other perks).
Your correct answers actually span two posts...
3. links to peoples galleries under usernames in posts.
3. there is a place in peoples profiles to describe their tanks.

OK, I want to see if ya'll can figure out the third, so I'm offering another 50 kudos for the 3rd. And I'll warn you, it might be a tough one.

could it have somthing to do with the little bar on the front page that says:

View posts since last visit (172)
No new messages
Update your Profile
Bookmarked Topics
Kudos Transactions

You last visited on Sun Apr 27, 2003 10:17 pm

Well I did notice today, this could just be me, but I had to sign on in the gallery in order to leave comments. Maybe it was just a goof up on my end?

Nope. Although I wish people did not have to login again to leave comments or post photos.

Ok, so that wasn't right, but I have noticed this, the random photo, which btw I love, I've also noticed that the logo of AA in the store is different it has a different fish, it actually has two fish a betta and another fish, also you have more products to sell than before. Probably not even close huh :?

but I have noticed this, the random photo

This is not it, but I don't think we announced it either, we were waiting to see if it got a rise out of anyone. Since you were the first to mention it....25 kudos.

Nope. Although I wish people did not have to login again to leave comments or post photos.

Meant to get with you on this, we don't have to, but we may want to leave it the way it is.

Salt4Us said:
Well I did notice today, this could just be me, but I had to sign on in the gallery in order to leave comments. Maybe it was just a goof up on my end?

This has now been resolved. If you login on the site you will now be logged into the gallery. if you login to the gallery you will be logged into the site.

:)

Cool thanks for the Kudo's and to clear up that it wasn't me with the gallery thing. Still bugs me about what it is though, I'm gonna have to do more looking around! :)

The other modification is another link to your gallery, on your profile, if anyone clicks your profile button on a link, or your name in the forum view while viewing your profile there is a link to your gallery.

Back
Top Bottom