admin help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK - I set these recently upgraded accounts back to display the upgrade and believe that the issue with the right column is resolved. You can change your settings to disable the right column or to not show the supporting badge if you like. :)

Roy,
There will be several additional features added for premium members. It will all get announced when the program is rolled out--which will be soon!

It appears it HAS been rolled out. From this post, and the fact that my PM box is now "100% full" (even though I haven't received any new PMs), it appears the announcement is a little behind the times.

I wondered when it was going to become "pay to play."

It appears it HAS been rolled out. From this post, and the fact that my PM box is now "100% full" (even though I haven't received any new PMs), it appears the announcement is a little behind the times.

I wondered when it was going to become "pay to play."

Kurt - it has not been rolled out yet. It will be soon. The full functionality has not been implemented.

It will not be pay to play. The forum will remain free for regular members. Premium members will receive additional functionality for their accounts.

Any hints or clues on what the "additional functionalities" might be?

Yes - larger avatar, signature images, loads of PM storage space, ability to turn off some ads and the right side column and some other things. This should be fully functional in a day or so :)

How much does this cost? I wish I even had a chance to do this, but my mom would never pay, and any money I have is going towards my aquariums!

That's great! You're going to update the App as well, right? How about the ability to save messages and create a folder using the app?

Yes - larger avatar, signature images, loads of PM storage space, ability to turn off some ads and the right side column and some other things. This should be fully functional in a day or so :)

can also store more pictures, alot more. and more info on your signature, from what i read. But most importantly, its about giving back to the community of people that have helped so many, and keep the site rolling to gain more in the future. :)

Is this going to be a Monthly thing or one time payment(?)?

the way it was set up right now, when i did it. It was 15.02 yearly payable through paypal

With all the great info and help that you get in this forum it is always great to be finally able to give back :D

Kurt - it has not been rolled out yet. It will be soon. The full functionality has not been implemented.

It will not be pay to play. The forum will remain free for regular members. Premium members will receive additional functionality for their accounts.

"Additional Functionality". I've always loved that phrase. :rolleyes: In this case, it appears to mean "the functionality that you used to enjoy, but can't now unless you pay up!"

As far as it not being rolled out, I beg to differ. If that's the case, not sure why my PM box suddenly became "100% full" without ever receiving or sending any, and I'm now limited to 100 messages - which is definitely fewer than before.

The messaging has always been limited to 100 messages. Well, it's been like that ever since I joined this forum but you've been here longer...

Yep, I've had to delete messages cause I got to the limit.

I think a "paid" thing is a great idea. You get some perks like your signature and avatar is bigger for supporting the site.

I can GUARANTEE I have saved more than $15.02 just from the advice I've receiived here.

Do we get more picture storage too? I wasn't sure.
Heck, I was ready to plunk down the cash even before I saw there were perks.

I appreciate the opportunity to help support such a great site. And no one on this forum can really argue that! LOL

:-D

Yep, I've had to delete messages cause I got to the limit.

I think a "paid" thing is a great idea. You get some perks like your signature and avatar is bigger for supporting the site.

I can GUARANTEE I have saved more than $15.02 just from the advice I've receiived here.

Do we get more picture storage too? I wasn't sure.
Heck, I was ready to plunk down the cash even before I saw there were perks.

I appreciate the opportunity to help support such a great site. And no one on this forum can really argue that! LOL

:-D

i concur. i was looking just to support, not for anything in return. but perks are good too. :angel:

I'm not hatin' on the program, but yesterday my inbox wasn't even close to full and this morning it was 99%. And no, I didn't send/receive anything overnight.
Edit: Apparently that was coincidental. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom