Attachment upload quota limit...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

t-bone

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am getting an error trying to upload additional attachments. It says I exceeded my quota limit. I think I am at the storage limit of attachments. How do I manage my attachments from previous posts? How much is the limit? Just looking for a way to manage this.

Thanks in advance..

I am getting an error trying to upload additional attachments. It says I exceeded my quota limit. I think I am at the storage limit of attachments. How do I manage my attachments from previous posts? How much is the limit? Just looking for a way to manage this.

Thanks in advance..

Hi,

Most likely you have exceeded the quota of photo uploads provided for free. I use photobucket (as a photo hosting site) and also the forum offers a paid subscription which includes benefits such as more photo uploads.

On the AA app, tap the thread and go to web view (or on a desktop you will already be in web view).

On left side, tap 'User Control Panel' and scroll down left side to Miscellaneous - Paid Subscription. This gives a comparison of benefits.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f9/aquarium-advice-supporter-paid-subscription-152207.html

Existing attachments would effectively lock after 6hrs (that I know of). Before this time, edits to posts can be made.

Last edited:
If you pay to support the site you have way more! Only $15 annual. Best money I have spent on my hobby yet.

I already used Google Photos so I'll try that. I was thinking of paying to support. Maybe in a few weeks. Just went on vacation.

Photobucket has gone down the tubes. Imgur is great. All you do is upload the photos, copy whatever photo link you want, and code for the image to appear. You type IMG (in brackets), then insert the link, and then type /IMG (in brackets)--without any spacing.

Oops, sorry - didn't know that on photobucket. That's a shame as was easy to use. Might be ok for the odd photo just briefly reading reviews but do agree, not what it once was.

The only issue I have with the AA album is last time I checked it is fairly easy to load a photo from iPhone album (in the AA full website area).

Copying the link out of the album on iPhone (just tried again) is extremely difficult to impossible. I'll post that with support this weekend in case an easy fix now.

So if you use a computer I find the AA album good value. If you use an iPhone, a photo-hosting site could be easier.

PS OK, just got the email on paying for third party hosting and catching up here on details (must of just gotten around to Australia). Really cheeky of them to suggest upgrading to the most expensive plan. As highlighted above / strike my suggestion of Photobucket off the list.

Back
Top Bottom