Bug Report

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefrunner69

Aquarium Advice Addict
We are experiencing some minor bugs due to the server move. If you are experiencing any bugs or errors, etc... please post in this thread and we will look into them and get the fixed as soon as possible.

Errors we are already aware of and are working on right now
1) Email
a. Not receiving email notification of replies to posts or new posts in watched forums
b. Receiving DEBUG errors when posting
2) Viep posts since last visit resets to 0 prematurely

2) View posts since last visit resets to 0 prematurely

This probably was a result of me changing the cookie information earlier today to refect the DNS update that should have happend for most people by now. When I changed the cookie I suspect it messed up everyones View new posts.

1) Email
a. Not receiving email notification of replies to posts or new posts in watched forums
b. Receiving DEBUG errors when posting

A temporary fix has been put into place. Thruout the day/night you might get an occasional error or you might miss a few e-mail notifications as I try to work out a more perminant solution.

Well. I have a bug. But its not a new one, probably also related to cookies.

I've had this since I joined. Unless I manually read every post in a forum, the forum is still marked as 'new' from the index, even though if I enter that forum there are no new posts.

So whenever I use "Mark all topics viewed" .. it does it, but the index still shows the forums as new.

Do you close your browser after you do this? Im guessing you just minimize and come back later?

This is a known difficency of the forum software. If you close the window the next time you visit the new posts should reset to be those that have happend since you last visited the site.

Yes, I usually close my window now, due to the bug.. It doesn't occur on other PHPBB sites I use, though. Or is it tied to a phpbbmod this site uses?

Could there be a "Get New" link on top of the home page. Everytime I reply to a new post I cant get back to the new posts.

I know RC has it and I like that feature. Just a thought, thanks for the great work you guys do.

Ferret it might have been something fixed with the latest release. Of course this site is so hacked up with enhancments I cant even begin to tell you how many mods are in place.

I was going to recode the entire site from scratch with the new server but with the new version of the script comming out in hopefully a few months I elected to forgot the weeks of work.

GrndHog, If you go to the forum index on the upper right you will see many links. One of which is a View New posts and one is Posts in last 24 hours. Both of these will show you new posts in order they where made. The same View New link can be found just below your avatar on the home page.

I am not aware of an easy way to code a vew new posts since last reply.

Having trouble.

When in the forums, or even from the homepage, when I click on a link the new page opens blank but with some code at the top and that is all.

I have this trouble when trying to open a forum from the topics page, doing a search and even trying to view comments on this thread. In fact I hope this post works.

Matt

What I get when I try to load a page.

I thought I would post what I see when trying to load a forum.

I got this at the top of a blank page one time.

(document.jumpbox.f.value == -1){return false;}">
Jump to:

A second time this is what appeared. I get this a lot when trying to open a forum.

" tion value="-1"> Saltwater and Reef----------------Saltwater & Reef - General DiscussionSaltwater & Reef - Fish OnlySaltwater & Reef - Getting StartedSaltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or CoralSaltwater & Reef - IdentificationSaltwater & Reef - Fish or Coral ProfilesSaltwater & Reef - Monster Island Freshwater----------------Freshwater & Brackish - General DiscussionFreshwater & Brackish - Getting StartedFreshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy FishFreshwater & Brackish - Planted TanksFreshwater & Brackish - Fish or Plant Profiles<option va "

And when trying to open this page to post I got this:
ick on a link the new page opens blank but with some code at the top and that is all.

I have this trouble when trying to open a forum from the topics page, doing a search and even trying to view comments on this thread. In fact I hope this post works.

Matt fishfreek

Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 6:34 am

Ferret it might have been somet

I also got 3 other variations of the above when trying to get to this page to post, but I won't put them all on here.

Matt

What is your browser make and version?

Only on rar occasions have i seen simular errors on IE version 5 or 6

Also, is this a new issue (since saturday evening at 9:50 pm EST) or has this been happening since you joined the forum?

im' having the same trouble. i can't search forums or view them. i get a list of people that are online as well as the same text as the guy on the previous page was talking about it. this has just been happening the last few days; have never had the problem before. i'm currently using internet explorer.

clicked on "index" and this is what came up at 4:36pm

, ADCISCO, alarmguy66, aldo, alex93se, Allivymar, alrmc4, An t-iasg, AndySmithers, AngelFishFan, awillemd1, BBReef, Bearfan, beliefofreef, <a href="profile.

mattrox im running the exact same version of IE except mine is xpsp2..... and I have never seen what you report.

On occasion ill get a page with a white background because the browser messed up the css somewhere along the way but im not seeing what your mentioning at all.

Screen Shot

I have taken 4 different screen shots of the error that occurs. I didn't know where else to put them so I uploaded them to my gallery.

Another Bug:

The following styles will not show attatchments in PMs:
BlackSoul
subsilver
fisubtext

The following will not show attatchments in the forum
subsilver
phpvb2

Can't login to the photos

Now I can't login in the photo section. I could last night and was able to upload pics.

On the other issue;
The bug that I encounter only happens on forum related pages. I don't get it in the photo gallery.

Back
Top Bottom