Censors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wizzard~Of~Ozz

Aquarium Advice Addict
Why is it since the upgrade the censors have been acting like TV censors?

It will randomly censor different words.

Eg. Smoosh, Put, Fish

I've read posts and written posts where the censor just beeps out random words.

*testing while answering thread* Fish Smoosh Put

I've seen posts with *beeps* in them. Can you link any that have them? I saw one earlier today that appeared to have the word smoosh beeped out.

It will randomly censor different words.

Eg. Smoosh, Put, Fish

I've read posts and written posts where the censor just beeps out random words.

We are testing a new word censor, it is a "smart" word censor and it will try to learn words that should be censored when users try to circumvent the word censor. This may occasionally provide unexpected results.

Doing a search of the forums for *beep* brings up 5 threads in the last day, before that was july 5th.. do we really need a "smart" censor?

If users did not try to circumvent the word censor...then no we wouldn't, but the fact is they do.

Don't fret too much, if we can't tweak it to work the way we want it too, we will get rid of it, but for now it's here ;)

It's OK, I just find it hard to read posts with random words beeped out. and I figured I'ld bring it to your attention if you didn't already know.

Thanks for understanding where the problems are. Upgrades look good. Hopefully this will let you turn down the "smart" factor so it only looks for correct context and avoids words that are often used here (place, put, Fish). Here's to hoping.

Keep up the great work.

At this point we need to know exact words that are being censored. Given that the words you said where being censored are being printed in this thread implys they where not the ones being censored or it was the context in which they where used. IE the choice of words before and after the censored word.

or it was the context in which they where used

I would think this is more the case.

"I just put a couple root tabs in for them" (9ut a) (9=p)

Yep, it's the context, tho it doesn't make sense, there is now way "9ut a" could be construed to be offencive.

With out exlaning in detail how the 'smart' censor works as that would somewhat defeat the censor if we where to tell everyone how it worked. While "put a" is not offensive the use of those letters in a differnt manor can be. The censor was guessing that you where trying to evade the censor by rearanging how the letters where put together.

The entry in the censor list that was making put a get caught has been removed.

If other examples can be given we can fine tune our censor list.

Back
Top Bottom