Change to the User Agreement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefrunner69

Aquarium Advice Addict
Please take note to the following changes that have been made to the Aquarium Advice User Agreement...

Signatures have gotten out of hand, signatures are spanning a half a page of text in some instances. In an effort to reduce the distraction and bring the focus back to the subject of the post we are instituting a policy that signatures are not allowed to be more than twelve lines as viewed at 1024X768 screen resolution. We ask that any members in violation of this new policy please reduce your signatures to be in compliance with the new policy by Monday 6/20/05. The character limit for sigs has not changed and remains drastically high, so we would encourage those that can to keep their sigs, just change the format to a more horizontal rather than vertical, separating elements of your sig with commas or symbols. We would also encourage everyone to use the area of their profile to describe their tanks and it's inhabitants, you could then simply place a link to your profile in your sig, using the terms view the contents of my tank here using the bbcode.

Members not in compliance by monday 6/20/05 will receive a pm from an advisor or admin asking you to comply with the signature requirements within 24 hours, after 24 hours if the signature is not in compliance it will be removed by an admin.

8. Signatures
8a. Sig Pictures
Signature pictures are defined as any graphic posted in your signature. Sig pics are allowed, but must be no larger than 350 X 125 (pixels) and 15 KB in file size. Sig pics must also be tasteful and conform to a family friendly atmosphere. What is "tasteful and family friendly" will be determined solely by the administration and moderators of this site.
8b. Sig Length
Signatures can be no longer than 12 lines in total length when viewed at 1024X768 resolution. Sig images will be included in the line count. A signature image can span over multiple lines. As a point of reference most sig images span 4 to 5 lines of text space.
8c. Penalties
Should your signature be found to contain a questionable image, verbage or be longer than the maximum length an advisor or admin will PM you explaning the issue and will request resolution within 24 hours. Failure to correct the issue within the first 24 hours may result in the removal of your signature.

We would like to thank everyone whom as already modified their signatures. I think everyone will see this as a good thing.

A quick HOWTO: incase your having problems finding where to edit the signature.

Click on the HOME link above to be taken to the home page of the website. If your logged in on the right you will see a link in the "Welcome" box that says 'Update your Profile'. Click this link to be taken to the screen where you can edit your user profile. Scroll down a littl e ways to see the "Tank Info" box where you can enter as long a description as you want about yoru tank. Use
to force a line break like this

Line One

Line Two

Line Three

If you dont use the
code it will look like this

Line One Line Two Line Three

Just below the Tank info box is the signature box where you can modify your signature to use things like , or - or / to seperate your listings vs line breaks.

Ok I have cut mine back to 9 or 10 lines. I am conforming to the UA!! :mrgreen:

PS. I think this is good. After all if you got enough room for NEMO, then everything is fine and dandy!!

This is really a good idea that will make it alot easier to sift through long threads. Sometimes I'm afraid the scroll wheel will pop out of the mouse! :D

I trimmed my sig down a bit too. The latin fish names are next to go when I get my new tank set up.

Toirtis said:
Ha ha! Since most other boards I am on have an identical or similar limit, I was already there! :wink:

LOL, you would need your very own forum simply to post a one-line description of all your tanks! :D

What about using a link to your profile to describe the tanks? I thougt that was mentioned in the suggestion. I really don't care to see everyone's description of their tanks in their signature. Please put a link instead of a list. It will clean things up even more.

JMO

Yea that would be a good idea.

I have been working on a little website that tells about my aquarium that I will replace EVERYTHING with (Signature, Profile, etc) so all you have to do is go to my website to see the pictures, details, etc etc etc.

I too was a guilty one. Just listing the names of the Africans in the 150 gal tank took up something like 8 lines. It's a good idea to shorten it. I try to not attach the sig unless asking a question. But, good idea.

Back
Top Bottom