Could we please have a discus section?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ExoticAquarist

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi AA, I was just wondering how many of you would like to have a discus section under the freshwater tab. I think discus are a topic vast enough in itself to have its own page. Discus nearly dominate the cichlid discussion tab... Who else is with me?

Sent via TIE Fighter

Ehhh, I'm gonna say no. Discus are pretty major, but not that major. (I say that even as a scientist doing research on discus)

Here's an idea I would support: Separate the cichlid section into south american and african. Maybe two separate forums, or maybe subforums within the cichlid forum. Maybe even a discus subforum, but discus shouldn't have their own forum.

Ehhh, I'm gonna say no. Discus are pretty major, but not that major. (I say that even as a scientist doing research on discus)

Here's an idea I would support: Separate the cichlid section into south american and african. Maybe two separate forums, or maybe subforums within the cichlid forum. Maybe even a discus subforum, but discus shouldn't have their own forum.

Yeah, I agree. Sometimes you just have an idea and don't think it over before posting it. I think that African and South American sub forums are a great idea though.

Sent via TIE Fighter

Nope... simplydiscus.com is cool right??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Simplydiscus is where i started for info when i first was breeding them. But honestly find the asian forums and translate through adobe. Talk about a ton of info..... Info they dont even wamt us newb westerners knowing. Its a lifestyle over there.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

LOL Been just trying to get them to separate the Africans and Sa/Ca's for 3 years now and your asking for a discus only section. I agree it would be nice but I think there is a chance for advertisements being seen less due to less traffic in the split up sections.

I like the idea of a seperation of african central and south anerican cichlids. Each deserves a section.

Our club does old world and new world cichlids for their seperation. So many ways to categorize. But a seperation has to happen.

Deleting this thread starting a new one about SA/AF cichlids.

~ExoticAquarist, signing out

Back
Top Bottom