did aa go down for a couple hours earlier?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think maybe it did. I wasn't able to get into it either. Even just now it took me a little bit to be able to get into the site.

Yeah, it was down... I blamed it on my work server... But with y'all having the same problem, I think we have isolated the source...

Didn't think I was that addicted until it got taken away from me and I actually had to work while at work....

fish freek said in chat..
<fishfreek> our data center is having power issues
<fishfreek> the main power to the datacenter has gone down.
<fishfreek> generators are not keeping up with overall load
<DevilNaBlueDress> ahhhhh
<greenmaji> ahh.. thats no good..
<fishfreek> (tisk tisk on some engeneers part)
<fishfreek> datacenter has taken measures of cutting power to some areas of the data center to keep the bulk of the data center up

a update around 3:30pm est
<fishfreek> - The building where our datacenter is located lost power.
<fishfreek> - The UPS systems did function properly and carried the power load.
<fishfreek> - The generators did start, however the transfer switch that moves load from commercial power to generator power did not function properly.
<fishfreek> - The UPS batteries were drained because the generator power could not be transferred.
<fishfreek> - The UPS system does not power the HVAC units, so the temperature inside the datacenter climbed very quickly, forcing us to shut down ALL servers to prevent heat from damaging hardware and data.
<fishfreek>
<fishfreek> The generators and UPS systems are the responsibility of the building owners which we are leasing space from, and they were tested and expected to work properly. It has not yet been determined why the generator power was not transferred properly.

I was having some problems too. The pop-up box kept saying "operation timed out when attempting to contact aquariumadvice".

Moving to site help/feedback.

The outage appeared to last approximatly 3 hours. It appears there was a power outage at the datacenter. While there is ample generators and UPS backups the transfer swtich that converts from convensional power to generator power failed to flip resulting in running on UPS's for longer than designed. In addition the enviormental equipment was not on the generator and there for all 4000+ systems in the datacenter had to be shut down to prevent the temperature from getting to high.

Back
Top Bottom