disturbing emoticon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vicshaw

Aquarium Advice Activist
why is this pic an emoticon? Is it incase you feel like eating someone?! :arrow: :eating: :?:

This topic was moved to it's current forum. Also in defference to some members (myself included) the title was changed.

That particular emoticon came with a package of emoticons we got when we started the site. While it is a little disturbing, it is hardly close to cannibalism, I don't qualify smilies as people. As to what you are wishing to express when using it, I can think of a couple of things, but they are not suitable for this board.

ok

ok but it does seem like cannibalism cos there is blood coming from the smile! :eek:

Hi guys,

Sorry, but I just had to do some research to get to the bottom of this. :p

reefrunner69 wrote;
it is hardly close to cannibalism
I have to agree, I don't think that it is cannibalism either.
It isn't based on the following dictionary definition;
can·ni·bal n.
1. A person who eats the flesh of other humans.
2. An animal that feeds on others of its own kind.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[From Spanish Caníbalis, name (as recorded by Christopher Columbus) of the allegedly cannibalistic Caribs of Cuba and Haiti, from earlier Carib karibna, person, Carib.]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
canni·bal·ism n.
canni·bal·istic adj.

Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

That little yellow smiley is clearly not the same species as the big white munchy thing nor are they both humans.

The best part of this thread is that no matter what advise we dish out... Nobody's fish dies. :lol:

Wow, I know it's called anthropomorphizing when you attribute animals with human attributes, but I have no clue what you call it when you attribute it to big fuzzy white things.

Hmm, I wonder if the big fuzzy white thing is what happens if you feed a smiley after midnight.

Back
Top Bottom