Donation e-mail?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sudz

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, so years ago, I donated - It was a One time donation, that unlocked "Donator privileges" that I didn't really mind.

A while ago, I donated again, Just what I had in my Paypal account. Mostly because I'd just like to see this site stick around, and I've gotten a lot of useful information, and wanted to pay it back.

I just got an e-mail, saying that "Your access to the paid subscription "AquariumAdvice.com Supporting Member ($15.02 Annually Recurring)" is about to expire."

I never signed up for an annually recurring, and found the entire thing to be one big forced money grab. If anything, this has done nothing but get my back up to the idea of donating, when I'd donate freely when I had the money.

I'll donate again, when I feel I would like to donate again. and don't really give a darn about the perks. But telling me that my subscription is going to expire, when really, I just was donating some money, kinda irks me. Not entirely sure why... but it does!

When I first donated, the donator badge was a permenant item that stuck with you forever. Now it can be stripped away?

I suppose you're only as good as your last "donation" (aka Subscription payment)

:facepalm:

I was gifted my subscription and I too got this email. I wasn't aware that they expired after two years?

Its a free site so i assume so? Not sure, but i understand how you guys feel... Its a donation which means its not mandatory, but that email makes it seem like it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom