Email spam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ReefRaff

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well I never get any mail to my aquariumadvice email box and today I get some spam trying to pawn off some IE7 beta version. Don't know if it's a problem or not. Just thought I give you a heads up.

It is physically impossible for a spammer to get your email address from us. As you can see if you do the email link you get a form to send. The spammer would have to have emailed you and then you replied via email or you would have posted the email someplace in the message itself. Another likely possibility is a 'bruit force' spam hit your account. Its not uncommon for spammers to send tens of thousands of messages to a domain in hopes that some of them will go to legit users

well it's only this one. it wasn't sent to my yahoo inbox, it was sent to my email account here at the site, which is forwarded to my main email address. I'll keep an eye out and see if it becomes a problem.

If it means anything, the IT folks at my job stated that there was a tremendous amount of these emails over the weekend. A lot of them were aimed at my companies employees but they got filtered. I forgot to ask if the senders email address was masked but it appeared to have come from "Admin@microsoft.com".

Back
Top Bottom