Forum and app again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Batt4Christ

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Starting to get the "parsing error" /forum plugin message again with the app.

Yep - I did the day the app was updated. I haven't used the app much, but have not received the message again. I have seen the forum list fail to load several times, even with a known good connection.

Hmmm weird. I have been on the app a lately without any issue. You may try wiping it off your device and doing a clean install just for good measure.

Posting a PM yesterday and got the "parsing error" again.

Did you perhaps try to post something that was less than 15 characters? There is a new rule in effect that requires 15 characters for a post, and if it is not met, it causes a parse error on the app.

Actually - it was probably around 100-120 characters. And yes, I have deleted the app and reinstalled it.

Hmm not sure then. There really haven't been many complaints as of late on it. There are probably just some glitches here and there. It sounds as if it is very sporadic right? Not every time you log on/view the forum?

fort384 said:
Hmm not sure then. There really haven't been many complaints as of late on it. There are probably just some glitches here and there. It sounds as if it is very sporadic right? Not every time you log on/view the forum?

No- not anywhere near every time. It is, I seems, usually when in 3G for data, not when on WiFi. Wonder if that has a connection... How the data is transmitted/broken up??? Who knows...

I have had this problem too. Here's what I did:

1. Delete the app.
2. Completely shut it down. To do this you:
a)Press the lock button for five or six seconds.
b)When you can see a "Slide to Power Off" switch, slide and it will
completely shut down.
c)Reboot it again by holding the lock button again for five seconds.
3. Now re-install the app.

It worked for me, I can only hope it worked for you! :)

Back
Top Bottom