green/gray boxes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zao

Aquarium Advice Activist
Does anyone know what the difference between the green and gray little boxes under the number of post you have done. Like mine is gray and i have seen others with green. Been looking around on he site for a while but cant find any info. But i am on my moble phone so maybe that is why cant figure that out.

I believe it means you are logged on to the messaging system you have. Like your is ICQ, and right now, you are not logged in. Log in and see if it turns green.

Nope, I am totally wrong! I think it has to do with your rep.....

Yes, it has to do with your "reputation". Right now I see "roka64 is an unknown quantity at this point". This description is one of the default reps included in the software. We could "tweak" these default descriptions at some point.

pitt420dude... no, that's the little circle and it shows whether or not you're logged in. The little square box just above your AOL IM symbol is what's being talked about.

An t-iasg... what's interesting about that little box is that it seems that the members that have joined since the new software has been implemented have a "reputation". Others don't. Not a gripe... just an observation. Seems like the little box is doing something in the background for the new folks, but not the old ones?

Actually I've been here since well before the conversion and have reputation, so it's not just a new member thing.

Hmm... right you are. You're the first I've noticed like that. Oddly enough though, if you hover over it, it still says you're an "unknown quantity at this point".

Ok now since I am on my computer, I can hover my mouse over the little boxes, and it is a rep thing. But what I find weird is that, which it was stated above also, all the people who where here before the conversion, have either a gray box or green box with "Unknown quantity at this point" and all the new members with a rank of Aquarium Advice Newbie or Aquarium Advice Apprentice have a green box with "is on a distinguished road"

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f59/just-want-make-friends-101620.html#post856028

The link above is the post that I noticed the boxes. If you look at ricky1947, new member with a green box that says "Ricky1947 is on a distinguished road". Zagz been here before the conversion green box with "Zagz Unknown quantity at this point". I know I am just pointing out the obvious. But I wanted to show that all the new members, seem to be working ok with the rep thing, all the people that been here before the conversion seem to have something wrong.

It is a glitch and Andy knows about it and is working on the problem. It is the reputation meter. There are some other issues with the conversion that have taken up time as well. Please be patient as all these issues are getting looked after as quickly as possible.

Back
Top Bottom