Help Available for Avatar and Signature Graphics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Janet H

Administrator
Site Team
Several members have messages the site team asking for help creating, cropping, formatting or uploading images for their avatars and signatures.

We are happy to help and I believe that we have many members who would also be willing to lend a hand.

If you need a hand creating an image for your account please post here and include an images that you might like to have cropped or combined as well as any other info that might be pertinent. We'll do our best to help :)

Will a picture image in the signature line(s) take away from actual words allowed? How many lines are we allowed now?
I'd love to keep my sig and add a photo to it.

The picture does not necessarily count as additional lines unless you put the BBCode tags on a new line.

So for example your signature - you could probably have an image below your list but it would have to be right up against it on Line #5.

(I should add that both my Avatar and my Sig Picture were created by me - from photos I took with my phone and then mucked about with in PAINT.NET)

Ok, cool. I'll start messing with it.:)

Any chance we can get extra sig lines? LOL I have too many tanks I know......

Indeed. My Sig stretches as one line across my posts, but it's considered 3 lines in the editor, so it looks like:

ttttttttttttttttttt
ttttttttttttttttttt
ttttttttttttttttttt

{sigpic}{/sigpic}

Will a picture image in the signature line(s) take away from actual words allowed? How many lines are we allowed now?
I'd love to keep my sig and add a photo to it.

As suggested by mfergusonjr; one thing you can do with extra text is to reformat it. Since the image is wide, the wider text will fit right in.

Example:

125g African Haps & Peacocks | 55g B&W clowns, Goby, Blenny Gramma | 29g Cube- Dragonet, 2 Gobies | 10g X2 Cichlid*10g Pod Tank*29G SW

Last edited:
I don't think we want to increase the size of the signature available area too much, otherwise when you open a thread you'll hvae more signature than content and it's not all that useful. When the new my tanks feature rolls out, that will help a lot, however, towards not listing your tanks in your sig.

Can someone link the info page regarding signature banners?

I have tried inserting BBcode from my albums as well as linking from ImageShack. All I can get to come up are text links.

Thanks!

Can someone please explain how to reduce the signature link down to just a title or words rather than the entire link as it appears in my signature? Thanks

Wy Renegade said:
Can someone please explain how to reduce the signature link down to just a title or words rather than the entire link as it appears in my signature? Thanks

Use this: [xurl=http://linkgoeshere/]Text to show goes here![/xurl]
(remove the 2 x's from the front of url, had to put then in so it would show the text and not a link!)

Dave

Use this: [xurl=http://linkgoeshere/]Text to show goes here![/xurl]
(remove the 2 x's from the front of url, had to put then in so it would show the text and not a link!)

Dave

Thanks Dave!

I messed around a bit with your sig - if you hate it - lemme know and I'll undo it ;)

I'm good, thanks Janet, now I'll have to mess with the banner thing LOL.

i've tried several times to upload a photo and i keep getting told the photo's are all too big which i don't understand at all since many of the one's i tried were taken with an ipod or with my android phone.
Anyone know how to make my pictures the correct size?

Thanks so much. i'm not really good with photoshop it seems.... and my pic is really pixelated but at least i have one now.
lol

Back
Top Bottom