How do I delete my own posts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can. All you have to do is go to the post, click edit, then click delete. Once they're so old, you wont be able to... not sure how long that is though.

EDIT: you said thread while I was typing. I'm pretty sure you can still delete a thread as long as nobody has posted in it the same way... You may still have to have a mod or admin delete it though

Ok thanks, but I can't seem to find the delete thread button. I've looked for it on this tread because it should be new enough. So once it's been posted on it cannot be deleted?!
You can. All you have to do is go to the post, click edit, then click delete. Once they're so old, you wont be able to... not sure how long that is though.

EDIT: you said thread while I was typing. I'm pretty sure you can still delete a thread as long as nobody has posted in it the same way... You may still have to have a mod or admin delete it though

I know for sure that once it has been posted on by somebody else, you cannot delete it... as to whether you can before somebody else posts, I am not sure. I'm sure Mike or somebody else will be along shortly to give you a definite answer though :)

Well that sucks! Can an admin delete your thread if it's been posted on by another member? And whos mike is he like a mod or admin or site owner or something? Thanks
I know for sure that once it has been posted on by somebody else, you cannot delete it... as to whether you can before somebody else posts, I am not sure. I'm sure Mike or somebody else will be along shortly to give you a definite answer though :)

A quick test and I'm pretty sure you can't delete your own threads. I looked everywhere, unless it's hiding, there isn't an option to remove a thread.

We don't typically delete threads because they often have benefit to others who may just be browsing. Why do you want this thread deleted?

I don't see a delete option.

There is no delete option except by a staff member. Most threads contain knowledge, experience and opinions that are useful info. Only during rare and certain reasons do we allow a thread to be deleted.

Back
Top Bottom