How to add images

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boardsurfer

Aquarium Advice FINatic
-My files (2) are named with the extension .jpg
-They are each under 100KB (90KB to be exact). I used Photoshop to crop and resize the image.
-I cannot upload by going to "PhotoGallery", then "My Gallery", then "Upload Photos". I can get there, but when I upload the file, it brings me to a blank page with no verification that my file was uploaded successfully.

What am I doing wrong, I'm so frustrated :evil:

I've also tried by adding an attachment. Nope, sorry. Doesn't work.

Hmmm.

Try removing your cookies and log back in via the forum page, through this link. http://www.aquariumadvice.com/index.php make sure you don't have the IP number address bookmarked. Have you joined any usergroups lately? What browser and version are you using? What OS? What style are you using on the board?

I've also tried by adding an attachment. Nope, sorry. Doesn't work.

There is a bug we've had for sometime that does not show that you have uploaded the photo, like it used to. But it is there.

The gallery issue is a known issue that can result from the script time being exceeded. Did the acutal upload time take longer than 30sec? The script allowance is set to 30sec by default. I can up this a little to say 45sec to hopefully give the script more time to process the photo your uploading. Once you get the blank white page any further photo you attempt to upload will not work either. This is because there is a temporary holding que for your photos and if there is an image stuck there no other images can be processed for your userid until that image is removed. I will remove these images from the holding directory and you can try to upload them again brefily after I have had an oppertunity to up the script runtime.

Open the images and verfy that they are not corrupt in anyway aswell. If the gallery has an issue making a thumbnail or resizing theimage the photo will also get 'stuck'.

Ok your upload folder has been cleared and the time limit on the script has been upped an additonal 15sec.

Guys,

Thanks for the help. I've tried again, and I still am having probs. :cry:
I still seem to be getting the blank page.

Here is the url that I get for the blank page: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/photo...&deftitle=&defdesc=&numprocess=10&processall=

The above doesn't tell me much, but maybe it will for you...

IE 6.0
I'm using the default style on the board
Cable modem

Did the acutal upload time take longer than 30sec?
No. I'm on Cable, so it takes less than 1 second to arrive at the blank page.

Thanks for trying,
Mike

Ugh. Nothing again. Any other ideas? Why is it stored in a que? Is this que there to hold a file until the admins inspect and accept the file?

Then try an image that not 1600+X1200+ in size.

If you want the geeky explanation then here it is.

You upload an image. The script takes your upload and puts it in a temporay folder specific to your Userid number. Then some server side graphics scripts take it and create a small 100X100 thumbnail. Then it takes any image larger than 640x480 and creates a 640x480 verson of the image aswell. All of these images are placed in a holding area until we the admins can approve the image. If for any reason the script fails to upload, thumbnail or resize the image you will get the white screen. Usually this is a result of a script timeout.

Why dont you get an error message? I dont know I didnt write the script.

Back
Top Bottom