How to post video?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jermz79

Aquarium Advice Addict
I shot some video of my tank last night on my camera and DL'd it to my computer. It automatically put it in QUICKTIME format. How do I post this to the site?
Do I need to find a host site? can you point me to a good one (free hopefully)!

Thanks
Jermz

Due to the size of videos we dont permit them to be uploaded to messages or the photo gallery. Depending on the file size we may be willing ot host it for you. How big is the file?

Hmmmm? I don't know, but the total time of the video is approx. 2 minutes. I'll check tonight when I get home and see if I can edit it down to a manageable size.

If not .... can I find a host site somewhere? Something like imageshack.us that hosts videos?

Thanks
jermz

The lenght is not the issue its the question on file size. If its small enough I will have you email it to my gmail account. I think they accept attachments up to 10mb in size. If its larger than that we will need to arrange a different method of getting the file to us. We have the bandwidth and storage to host it even if its short term (for a few weeks).

OK cool! I'll check tonight and see what the file size is.

It's a cool video, I put an Open Brain in my tank last night and my Tank Raised Perc.. immediately started gettin comfy with it!!

Thanks again
Jermz

ok fishfreek, the file is 36MB .... I tried to edit the video down last night in Imageready and my computer froze!!!? I'm going to reshoot the video tonight and keep it under a minute. Most of the sites I checked for free video hosting only allowed 20mb so I figure thats about the norm!

Back
Top Bottom