How to upload photos from the app?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elephantnose

Aquarium Advice Addict
I can not figure out to upload photos using this app on my iPhone? Keeps saying error?

My image is too big how do I reduce my image

You could email the image to yourself. Cumbersome, yes. With some/most mobile email apps you get the option to select the image size when mailing an attachment. Select one smaller than the original. When you receive the image from email, save it and try the mobile app upload function again.
There are image/photo apps that probably do this as well but I have no experience with using them.

I was having trouble as well, then I tried it from the website, if I remember correctly I setup a new upload folder, uploaded a picture, then I was able to do it from the app.

You could try re-installing the app perhaps. On the iPhone I hit the + symbol on left to go to a larger reply window.

Then at bottom of my draft post I tap the icon with the mountains or clip (tbh not sure what clip does, seems the same as mountain icon I've seen before).

Then select best, medium or small photo (only gives original file size for me so that is a try and see).

Edit - then for some reason my photos are displaying twice (stored on two platforms?, so I delete one with an edit).

Sorry, anyone who got a heap of re-posts. Was just trying to see what the clip feature did differently (can't see anything?).

IMG_0077.jpg

Last edited:
Might have reached photo limit perhaps? For free member I have #25 photo limit and #1000 photo limit for supporting member. Or you could try an image hosting website like photobucket.

Back
Top Bottom