In Photo Gallery, there is no upload photo link!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i had that happen to me the other day. make sure you're logged in, if you are then log out, and log back in. if that doesnt work then clear all your cookies, log back in, and see if that works. if that doesnt work then pm one of the site admins.

At the top is a series of links

Home · Search · Profile · Upload Photos · Logout

If the logout link is replaced with the login link then you are not fully logged in. Most likly due to a time inconsistancy caused by day light savings changes. If this happens do as Flef suggested as well as confirming your time/date on your PC is accurate. If your time is wildly off on your PC then your cookie can expire the instant its created causing issues.

Ok cleared cookies and loged in and out and still no upload photo link. I think it may have been because of the time or date. I fixed the time I think (is GMT - 4 correct for pittsburgh pa?) but have NO idea what the heck is up with the date. Do I even need to have that in there and what is PHP? Very difficult!

When I said time of day I ment on YOUR computer the time/date. GMT -4 is correct since this site does not observe day lights savings time.

PHP is a web based programming language. This site is built on PHP

My upload photo link is not working either. I can't seem to get it to work. I think I clear my cookies but how exactly to you do it...is it in internet options? I have also done the log out log in thing and it just isn't fixing it....

Yep its in internet options. If you dont want to dump ALL your cookies then just browse to the cookie folder and delete the ones for this domain.

The gallery is working as folks are uploading so its gotta be a localized issue.

The time of your post has nothing to do with the ability to upload. That just means your time zone is of by 1 hour on your profile. Most likly cause you never adjusted it when day lights savings time hit. You need to confirm the date on your PC is correct as well as dumping your cookies.

Close the browser, delete the cookies and open the browser again.

Sorry fishfreek and thanks for helping but that didnt do it either. Im just getting : Home Search Profile Logout when I click Photo Gallery. No upload option and I just cleared the cookies. My time on my computer is right as well. It wouldnt be because I leave the date formate column as it was, like "D M d, y: g i a" would it? When i sign in the date and time are correct where it says "Date you last visited:"

Ok well I did all of the stuff you said. I deleted the 'cookies' and it still doesn't work. I am so frustrated. Do I just delete the 'cookies' or all of the temp. files that are from aquarium advice too. My computer time is fine. but the date on my computer doesn't match the date on the site, even though the time zone in my profile is -5 as well as my comp clock (which automatically changes with daylight savings time). So i don't know what else to do.

If the DATE on your PC does not match the real DATE your gonna have issues. IE if today is April 6th and your PC says its April 7th or April 5th your gonna have these issues. That is why YOUR computers date/clock must be set correctly. Cookies are date stampped and they expire after a period of time elapes. If the DATE is wrong on YOUR pc then its quite possible the computer is exipiring the cookie the instant its created.

Make sure the month is correct, then the day and then the year. If its not right fix it. Log out. Close the brower. Restart the PC, confirm the date is correct on yOUR pc and then login again.

Finally are any of you whom are having these issues members of a regional forum? If so what forum is it?

I just logged in with my 'test' account and I had no problem seeing the upload photos link.

Sorry I am having trouble Fishfreek, I wish I wasnt. The time on my computer was a little bit off (about 5 minutes) so I reset it with this websites time. I guaged the time by what it reported when I posts. I think it read 9:45 when my clock was 9:40. Then signed off, deleted cookies and cleared history, and shut my computer completley down.
I then restarted and went to AA, logged in, click on Photo Gallery, and still no upload photo link between profile and logout. I went in edit profile and this is what i have under date format: "D M d, y g:i a" so I just left that field as that and I have GMT -4 as my time zone. My time on my computer matches that of the website. Thanks for helping me.

What browser are you using? Whats your ISP? Copy and paste the URL that you use to visit the site.

Your problem is very atypical.

Ok boys and girls. You should now ALL be able to upload to the gallery. We discovered an error in the version of the photo gallery we recently upgraded to. That errors been resolved.

Commenting should work aswell.

Back
Top Bottom