Including Photos in your Posts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aiken Drum

Site Team
I’ve been seeing regular posts from people not understanding how to include photos in posts, so I thought a specific thread going through some of the various ways to do this on various platforms would be of benefit.

Post #2 – Uploading photos using desktop version website.
Post #3 – Uploading photos using mobile version website.
Post #4 – Uploading photos using Android/IOS/Tapatalk application.
Post #5 – Uploading photos using Imgur.

In each case I’m going to presume you have a registered account and generally know how to make posts, threads etc.

Last edited:
Uploading photos using desktop version website.

Uploading photos using desktop version website.

From the "New Thread" or “Quick Reply” box, you need to go to “Go Advanced”.

7p4QRlo.jpeg

From “Go Advanced” you need to go to “Manage Attachments”.

8iZU2cb.jpeg

From “Manage Attachments” you can add up to 4 photos. Go to “Choose File” and navigate to the photo you wish to include. Once all the photos you want to include have been selected go to “Upload Photos”.

IoJAVcn.jpeg

The upload could take a short while to complete, after which you can remove any photo you decide you don’t need including. Once you are happy you have uploaded the photos you want included “Close This Window

mZ8gU3o.jpeg

You should be back to your post/thread creation window and be able to see the photos you have uploaded in the “Additional Options” box.

vLmUasQ.jpeg

If you haven’t already done so, write out your post. You can then “Preview Post” if you want to have a last look over it. This preview will include your uploaded photos. Once you are happy with the content of your thread you can “Submit Post”.

aWq2KZN.jpeg

Note that there is a 10MB quota for images uploaded directly in this manner, after which you won’t be able to upload any further photos. They can’t subsequently be deleted either. If you are already at this quota or plan on uploading a lot of photos then using a website like Imgur will avoid this quota. Using Imgur is covered below.

Last edited:
Uploading photos using mobile version website.

Uploading photos using mobile version website.

This is essentially the same as using the desktop version website, but the screens look a little different (simpler) and there is a little less functionality.

From the "New Thread" or “Quick Reply” box, you need to go to “Go Advanced”.

ec0wExq.jpeg

From “Go Advanced” you need to go to “Manage Attachments”.

rcWigMl.jpeg

From “Manage Attachments” you can add up to 4 photos. Go to “Choose File” and navigate to the photo you wish to include. Once all the photos you want to include have been selected go to “Upload Photos”.

vh0WoC9.jpeg

The upload could take a short while to complete, after which you can remove any photo you decide you don’t need including. Once you are happy you have uploaded the photos you want included “Close This Window”.

vhHO9WP.jpeg

You should be back to your post/thread creation window and be able to see the photos you have uploaded in the “Attach Files” box.

If you haven’t already done so, write out your post. You can then “Preview Post” if you want to have a last look over it. This preview will include your uploaded photos. Once you are happy with the content of your thread you can “Submit Post”.

Xbbtkbj.jpeg

As with uploading from desktop website there is a 10MB quota for images uploaded directly in this manner, after which you won’t be able to upload any further photos.

Last edited:
Uploading photos using Android/IOS/Tapatalk app.

Uploading photos using Android/IOS/Tapatalk app.

Some of this could vary slightly depending on your make/model of phone and phones operating system.

From “New Topic” or “Reply” go to the “Photos, Files” button.

nJBxpjz.jpeg

Go to “Gallery”.

cBaYhCz.jpeg

From here you can add up to 9 photos. Navigate to the photos you want to add and select them. Press “Send”.

2yMotZy.jpeg

If you haven’t already done so, write out your post. Once you are happy with the content of your thread you can press the “Arrow” to submit your post.

pFcIo4C.jpeg

As with uploading from desktop website there is a 10MB quota for images uploaded directly in this manner, after which you won’t be able to upload any further photos.

Last edited:
Linking to an online image sharing site eg. Imgur.

Linking to an online image sharing site eg. Imgur.

In my opinion this is the best way to include photos in your posts. You can include as many photos as you want in a post, you can place them wherever you want within the post rather than them all being at the end, and as it’s a link no upload to the forum happens, so you don’t eat into your 10GB quota. If you have already used up your quota this is a way you can carry on posting photos.

I’m going to use Imgur as the image sharing site, I’m going to presume you have already got an account, and for the purposes of screenshots I will use the Imgur mobile phone app. Imgurs website and other image sharing sites will vary in their functionality.

To upload photos into Imgur either press the “Plus” button on app or “New Post” on the website.

6sXyPw1.jpeg

On the app, navigate to the photos you want to include and select them. When you are happy with your selection press “Next”. On the following screen “Upload” your photos.

MU9bknb.jpeg

NhobNbm.jpeg

On the website, go to “Choose Photo/Video”. Navigate to the photos you want to include, select them and press “Open”.

You now need to get your URL link to the image.

On the app to view your post, go to “View” and you then need to select an individual photo by pressing on it. It should open the photo on a screen on its own.

35v3Uks.jpeg

On the website, right click on the individual photo and select “Open Image in New Tab”.

To get the URL link from the app, press the “Share” button and then “Copy”.

t1y4kJ7.jpeg

uliiq6E.jpeg

To get the URL link from the website, right click on the on the photo and select “Copy Image Link”.

The link should have an image file type extension, eg .jpeg.

You now need to paste that URL link into your post text. Its important that you don’t just paste the link directly into the text. You need to do this with the “Insert Image” button.

ssbd9zP.jpeg

Then paste your copied URL into the pop up and press “OK”.

r5hWAyo.jpeg

Your copied URL link should look like something like this in text.
sDFE6gx.jpg

Continue writing out your post, add in more URL links to photos as needed. You can then “Preview Post” if you want to have a last look over it. This preview will include your uploaded photos. Once you are happy with the content of your thread you can “Submit Post”.

Ixb8a2Z.jpeg

Last edited:
Anyone have any comments on this? Im a bit concerned i over complicated the topic. Let me know if you can follow it.

Back
Top Bottom