Is there a rule I missed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yowen

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I posted a thread in the DIY section and it seems to have disappeared without warning. I don't see a sticky in that particular message board about rules, on top of that i read the forum rules and there is nothing that I missed there either. As far as I can tell. I am a little frustrated that the time I took to write that is all for nothing. As I was excited to get some input and to post pictures of my progress...

Not a rule but more of a protocol. Being new here your posts will have to be manually approved until you reach a few posts. This is only the case if they contain pictures, links etc. If it is just text you have no worries.

This prevents spammers from joining and plastering links all over the forum. I approved your thread and should be good now.

There is actually a message that displayed after you hit submit/post, telling you all this, but may have skipped over it.

brings me 2 my question.

I am looking for tall plants and can't post in the classifieds, I went through controls and don't see anything in there that would stop me. Oh just found the 15 day rule......... ;)

on top of that i read the forum rules and there is nothing that I missed there either.

Actually... you're correct. Might be a good thing to add. It is mentioned in the PM sent to you by one of us though. Once you've established yourself as a 'non-spammer' (you're almost there!), you won't be put through the wringer, so to speak.

I am looking for tall plants and can't post in the classifieds, I went through controls and don't see anything in there that would stop me.

From the rules page:
Classifieds Posting Rules
Our classifieds system is offered as a benefit of membership. We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum; i.e. aquaria-related. Members who have been site members for 15 days AND who have 15 posts may use the classifieds section.

• Place only one ad per item - do not post or repost an ad in more than one section of the classifieds.
  • Do not place ads directing others to e-bay or any other commercial website. You may, however, post a link to your own (non-commercial) website or blog with details about the item.
  • Ads may be removed by our staff at any time for any reason.
  • For specifics, please refer to the Sticky: General Guidelines for Posting Classified Ads.

Back
Top Bottom