Lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sparkee61

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Money is no object for you..:) Which light would you purchase? Kessil A360WE or AI hydra 26?

Money is no object for you..:) Which light would you purchase? Kessil A360WE or AI hydra 26?

In my opinion it totally depends on the application and what you prefer. The Kessil lacks some of the new cooler app based control including integrated ramp timing and individual color diode control. The AI has all of this and also has 7 color channels which allow for a customized spectrum to fit what suits your tank best. Although the kessil is basically just blues and whites, the color is spectacular and makes your tank appear almost "ultra HD" in my opinion. Kessils are also known for their incredible shimmer effect they give to a tank due to the fact that they are a single point lensed LED. If I had the choice, I would do the AI, however, the Kessil has its merits and I could see why someone would choose that as well. I have owned an AI prime for several years now and love it and have gotten to play around with all of AI's product line and really am a big fan of theirs. I have also had the opportunity to get some hands on experience with Kessil's products as well and don't have much bad to say about them either. If I were you I would try and go to a LFS that has both running and have them show you the features in person. (y)

Thanks Dallas. Ive seen both kessilx and al hds. I do like the ramp time of the al but from what I understand that the kessil x can have ramp times by using the controller. Now the $$$ part. Are the kessils x pros worth the extra $$?

Thanks Dallas. Ive seen both kessilx and al hds. I do like the ramp time of the al but from what I understand that the kessil x can have ramp times by using the controller. Now the $$$ part. Are the kessils x pros worth the extra $$?

I my experience the Kessils are very nice but I would have a hard time forking over significantly more for them rather than getting the Hydra. I'm definitely an AI guy and would go with them. Another point I feel is worth some discussion is that AI has great customer service. The fan in my Prime went out after about 2 years of owning it and was causing my fixture to overheat and turn off. I emailed AI and within 24 hours I had a brand new fan part headed to my house free of charge no questions asked. Sometimes with aquarium equipment, good customer service is the tipping point for me when deciding which way to go.

Back
Top Bottom