Macna 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MACNA2011

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi my name is Bud Carlson from the Greater Iowa Reef Society. I will be your club liaison for this year's MACNA.

I will be checking in every week to answer any questions you may have about MACNA and to keep you up to date on speakers, vendors, hotels and other news that is MACNA related.

If you didn't know, MACNA is one of the largest & oldest saltwater aquarium shows in North America. This year it will be held in Des Moines Iowa from Sept 9th to the 11th.

Here is a link to MACNA 2011, please let me know if I can answer any questions at all for you.

www.macna2011.com

Bud Carlson
Greater Iowa Reef Society
MACNA 2011

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, fixed it. I noticed I made the mistake, so I changed it but it updated the tag and not the link. I had to delete the link, save, and then add it back in. Weird. Anyways, good catch, thanks!!!

I'll have to ask my mom. We're only an hour away, and being the fish freak I am... Lol. It would be cool to go. This is the first I've heard of this thing. Huh, sounds cool.

Damon Salvatore is awesome. Enough said.

Something worth mentioning - general admission for kids under 18 is free. That's new this year, so you can bring the whole family!

Ooh, yay, I get in free!! How much is it for adults? That is the determining factor.

Damon Salvatore is awesome. Enough said.

Announcing three new speakers for 2011 MACNA

Tony Vargas with the topic "The World’s most Successful Reef Aquariums!"

Scott Fellman with the topic "Nutrient Control and Export - Ways to increase water quality and Eliminate Nuisance Algae"

Richard Ross with the topic "Is that reef thing you say true, or did someone just tell it to you? Making decisions about your reef in the face of millions of contradictory ‘facts’."

Please visit our speakers page for more information on these and other speakers.

MACNA 2011 Speakers

Register for MACNA 2011 before May 31st and Save!!

MACNA 2011 in Des Moines, Iowa will be one of the largest marine hobby events ever held. Join us for this spectacular event! Des Moines has been voted the best city to host a trade show with easy access from a large section of the country and very affordable prices. Come see the largest trade show floor in MACNA history: Over 200 Vendors, daily demonstrations and 16 speakers in a single track - see them all!

This is your last chance to register for the full conference at the discounted rate of $110.00. The Full Conference includes:

• Opening dinner reception with open bar and entertainment
  • Three days of speakers and demonstrations - Single Speaker Track!
  • Three days of trade show access
  • Awards banquet with special presentation and entertainment
  • The largest trade show in the history of MACNA
  • And of course a HUGE raffle with all the things you dream of having for your tanks!

This is an event you don't want to miss!!

REGISTER TODAY - The discounted price of $110 expires May 31st!
MACNA 2011 > Home

Thank You!
MACNA Staff
info@macna2011.com

I read about you coming on the GIRS page, I think you might be our long-distance winner. I'll be there all 3 days. Or were you asking what speakers are going to be there?

Will be glad to meet you all there, I was wandering wish I could take live stock with me back, but that will be impossible because of long flights with so many transits

MACNA location is determined by local clubs volunteering to host the event. The location for 2012 as been determined but won't be revealed until just before this year's MACNA. If you want MACNA to be local to you, all you need to do is apply. They like the event to be run by a club and not an event organizer, this is actually one of the main reasons why Des Moines got selected this year. Where are you located RM?

Back
Top Bottom