May 2011 Freshwater POTM Contest Winner!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

neilanh

Sliced Bread
Please join me in congratulating mfergusonjr. for this month's winning photo!

img_1381927_0_4803263f6bd3f09e4c9f0d79da8509f6.jpg

WOW!!! Where did you take the Photo? It's nice to see nature seemingly untouched by man. I absolutely love places like that, wish there were more of them.

I would assume Yosemite. Could be Black Hills in South Dakota or even Yellowstone National Park though...

I would assume Yosemite. Could be Black Hills in South Dakota or even Yellowstone National Park though...

I've been to Yosemite and it looks a lot like the area around El Capitan. Maybe it's the direction it was taken from, so it's hard to tell for sure.
Plus Yosemite has become such an attraction that it's almost impossible to go somewhere without running into other people. It's become a tourist town. Which is unfortunate, it was an incredibly beautiful area with rivers, lakes, waterfalls, amazing meadows and Old Growth trees that you can't find anywhere else.
The last time I was there, there were so many people swarming around, it took away a lot from the natural beauty of the place.
When I go camping I enjoy the feeling of being alone, it's why I go. You can't get that in Yosemite anymore.
It's still an amazing Photo though

Thanks everyone.

The picture was taken in Yosemite in the summer of 2007 I believe. There was a large tree fallen into the river that I walked out on to get a more natural picture.

Here's a link to a gallery with a ton of pics from Yosemite if anyone is interested, Dropbox - Photos - Simplify your life. There's a lot of nothing pics so you just have to click through to see the good ones.

Back
Top Bottom