member list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I suppose the question really is why isn't there a sort by staff option. Cause to an extent there is a sort by rank. The higher your post count the higher your rank (believe me these mean nothing) and there is a sort by post count. But I'll give you a list...

Site Admins:
fishfreek
reefrunner69

Advisors:
Bang Guy
Anemoneman
CRaZeeeBiTcHisHeRe
EMS503
Corvuscorax
loganj

Staff:
Caligal

If you visit the Usergroups link you can see who is in what group. All of these groups are closed so you can not add yourself to the group but need to be added by one of the two admins.

To me these ranks do have some meaning.

First, the more posts you have the more people will read what you have said. This means they will know you more than others and will know more about what you know and if the readers like what you say or know it to be correct, then when you answer a question of theirs they will be inclined to trust that your answer is correct.

Second, your rank indicates how active you are or have been on the site.

Third, your rank can reflect your interest in the site (or in getting a higher rank). I would say that the greater your interest in the site and/or fish keeping the more you will learn and know.

I try to not let the # of posts have any bering on what i think someone knows or does not know. I have seen on other msg boards people with a fair number of posts have much less knowledge than their post count would elude to.

Also every day new members join and start out with 0 posts. This does not mean they are total newbies. Just means they are new to the site. For example Alf is a member here with a low post count. But he has much knowledge. In fact i would go as far as to say he is more knowledgable than myself. He is a mod on many other sites.

I agree with your second and third points.

robertmarda said:
First, the more posts you have the more people will read what you have said. This means they will know you more than others and will know more about what you know and if the readers like what you say or know it to be correct, then when you answer a question of theirs they will be inclined to trust that your answer is correct.

well said. I have few posts, with no knowledge, guess that doesnt help your point tho huh?

Hey fishfreek, nicely explained.

IMHO, the number of posts or kudos is not a true indication of knowledge, since some threads just stretch out into marathon conversations, and some topics/posts are merely 'fluff'.

But with that being said, I also agree with robertmarda's 2nd and 3rd points.

Just by navigating around in the site, you learn things (whether you want to or not), you can't help but get more knowledgable.

jump.gif
thumb.gif
jump1.gif

Back
Top Bottom